For every internet marketer who is losing motivation and considering quitting because you’re just not getting enough organic traffic to your site, you must keep reading. You are not alone in this. That is why I am going to inform you of a few things you may need to alter or totally renovate to increase your page rank and kick butt.
Why is Organic Traffic Important?
- Organic traffic is important for higher conversion rates.
- Traffic is better quality as visitors are heading to your site because they are searching for your solutions, which means they are more likely to buy.
- The more effort you put into improving your organic traffic, the higher your search ranking will be- pushing your competitors further down the list.
- Zero cost involved.
How to Increase Your Organic Traffic
1. Identify your ideal buyers
Studying, understanding and optimizing your ideal buyer is a crucial way to help increase your organic traffic. You should be asking the following questions about your ideal buyer:
- What is their age and gender?
- Where is their location?
- What problems do they face?
- What are their wants and needs?
It’s important to be specific and create quality content related to your the information you’ve gathered. Therefore, you naturally improve your SEO and increase your organic traffic.
2. Create a blog!
Blogging is an awesome way to increase your organic traffic. It allows you to create in depth and more personal content that really resonates with your ideal buyer. Also, it’s fun!
3. Be really specific with your keywords
You don’t just want to use the popular keywords in your market. Use keywords that are very specific to the subject of your content. Therefore big search engines will identify your website or blog as a destination for that and your search ranking will increase to help your ideal buyer find you.
4. The meta description is more important than you think
Make sure that your meta title, URL and description are on point because they’re the key ingredients for an optimized webpage or blog post.
5. Frequently create quality content
Try to write and publish quality content as often as possible. The more you post quality content, the greater opportunities you will have to increase organic traffic.
6. Use internal links
Once you’ve published a decent amount of quality content, you can link to them in your blogs or website, guiding visitors to more relevant content you’ve created. This can keep visitors on your website for longer, which will help boost your search rankings.
7. Encourage backlinks
Google prioritizes sites that have a lot of quality backlinks. Encourage clients, friends, family members, partners, suppliers, industry mavens and friendly fellow bloggers to link to your site. The more backlinks you have the higher your site will rank. However, beware of spammy backlinks from low-reputation sites. Some links can actually lower your rank.
8. Get more involved in social media
Start creating a presence on social media by creating accounts or pages on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc. All of these sites will help to get your name and website out on the internet.
9. Add a bit of sugar and spice
Create content that is interesting and funny to read. Don’t be afraid to be your quirky self and mix it up a bit.
10. Exploit metrics
Use a marketing tool like Click.org to track visitors going to your site and blog. This way you will be able to see where your organic traffic is coming from and what keywords they searched for so that you can fine-tune your content.
Avoid Doing The Following:
- Avoid publishing, poorly-written, spammy or cheap content as it can do more harm than good.
- Don’t overuse internal links as it could starts to look like spam.
- Avoid deceptive or manipulative techniques.
- Avoid flash, even though it looks cool, flash and animated banners and intros annoy visitors and search engine bots don’t read them.
- Don’t bury text content with images.
- Avoid being boring.
If you do all the following things, you will be sure to not only increase your organic traffic but will make more money. If you have any feedback or would like to know more or add some more useful ways to increase organic traffic, please, contact me or leave a comment.